AI-based OCR: Advanced Technology for Accurate and Efficient Document Processing
What is OCR
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition. AI based OCR is a technology that allows a computer to “read” text that is written or print on paper or in digital images. OCR software uses advance algorithms and image processing techniques to identify characters in a scan image or document and convert them into machine-readable text.
What is AI based OCR?
AI-based OCR, or Artificial Intelligence-based Optical Character Recognition, is a more advance form of OCR technology. that utilizes machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence techniques to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of OCR. Traditional OCR technology relies on predefine rules and templates to recognize characters in a document. which may not always be accurate if the document doesn’t conform to the expect format.
AI based OCR, on the other hand, can analyze and learn from large datasets of images. and text to recognize characters and patterns more accurately and adapt to different document formats. It can also recognize handwriting and different fonts. and languages that traditional OCR may struggle with.
Techniques used in AI powered OCR
Some common AI techniques use in AI-based OCR include deep learning. natural language processing, and computer vision. These technologies enable the software to not only recognize the characters but also understand the context. and meaning of the text, making it more efficient and reliable in handling complex documents.
Applications of AI based OCR
Document digitization: AI-based OCR can be use to digitize large volumes of paper-base documents, such as invoices, receipts, and contracts, into searchable digital format.
Data extraction: it can automatically extract data from structure and unstructure documents. such as invoices, forms, and surveys, and input them into a database or other applications.
Healthcare: it can help automate administrative tasks such as patient record keeping, processing insurance claims, and medical billing.
Financial services: it can be use for processing financial documents, such as bank statements, tax forms, and loan applications, to automate data entry and reduce errors.
Logistics: it can be use for processing shipping documents. such as bills of lading and packing lists, to automate data entry and improve supply chain visibility.
Accessibility: it can be use to improve accessibility for visually impaired individuals by converting print or handwritten text into speech or Braille
There are many OCR solutions available in the market, both traditional and AI-based. each with its own strengths and weaknesses. The best OCR solution for you will depend on your specific needs and use case. Here are some popular OCR solutions:
- Google Cloud Vision: Google Cloud Vision is a cloud-based OCR solution that uses AI to recognize text in images and documents. It supports more than 50 languages and can also detect logos and other objects in images.
- Microsoft Azure OCR: Microsoft Azure OCR is another cloud-based OCR solution that uses AI to recognize text in images and documents. It can recognize text in more than 60 languages and can also perform handwriting recognition.
- Tesseract OCR: Tesseract OCR is an open-source OCR engine that is widely use in many applications. It supports more than 100 languages and can be integrate into various programming languages and frameworks.
- Sufti pro: Shufti Pro is a global identity verification and fraud prevention solution provider. that offers various identity verification services, including OCR-based document
These are just a few examples of the many OCR solutions available. When choosing an OCR solution, it’s important to consider factors such as accuracy, speed, language support, integration options, and pricing.
Usage and adaptation
- The global OCR market is expect to grow from USD 7.9 billion in 2020 to USD 13.4 billion by 2025, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.0% during the forecast period. (Source: MarketsandMarkets)
- The global AI-based OCR market is expect to grow from USD 1.4 billion in 2020 to USD 13.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 57.2% during the forecast period. (Source: MarketsandMarkets)
- According to a survey by AIIM, 53% of organizations are currently using OCR technology, and 22% are planning to implement it in the near future.
- In a study conduct by McKinsey & Company, the OCR platform was identify as the top technology for automating back-office tasks, with the potential to automate up to 30% of these tasks.
- According to a report by Transparency Market Research, the retail industry is expect to be the largest user of OCR technology by 2026, with a market share of 31.6%.
- The healthcare industry is also a major user of OCR technology. with applications in medical record keeping, claims processing, and prescription management
The adoption of AI-based OCR is on the rise. with businesses across various industries recognizing the benefits of automating document processing tasks and improving accuracy and efficiency. As AI technology continues to advance. we can expect to see even more applications and use cases for AI-based OCR in the future. AI-based OCR offers a more advance and accurate solution for document processing. and data extraction tasks and has many potential applications in industries such as finance, healthcare, and logistics